mercoledì, dicembre 13, 2006

Wansati (women)

So, I guess I am a woman. Well (wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!) i am a female.

We are born females and become women.

As a child I ran faster than boys, climbed higher on trees too... Actually I was quite a legend for this (but it could have been that the guys just wanted to stare at my knickers...). Either way, boobs and bum have slowed me down quite a bit... and that is what they are after now.

But this is not immediate... because you can have the female boons and bums and still not become a woman... and if you do, you may be quite far away from even being feminine.

So womanhood is a state of mind. It's a cause. It is embrassing who you are and accepting yourself... whether you feel trapped or freed.

Being a woman is knowing how others perceive you and acknowledging the rules that come with it...

Being feminine, well... that can be a lot of things, depending of who is looking at it... It can be survival, it can be laying down arms, it can be picking them up and using them fair, square and wisely... You choose. I am a fighter, guess what I think I do.

Men often say to each other: you're a man! (Like that is something to be prout of). Well, we don't say it enough... YOU ARE A WOMAN!

Godamnit woman, you're a woman... for that, woman, you are a survivor, a fighter, a leader, a teacher, a teaser, and above all an inspiration...

This black is beautifull thing... WOMAN IS GORGEOUS!

The more I am aware of myself (my womanhood) the more I am in love with being a woman. The more I love myself. The more I find myself being beautifull...

And I ask myself why is is that us (I included) do so many things to hurt ourselves, undermine our greatness...

We are affraid to loose
We are affraid of ending up alone
We believe we are worth less (specially if we are alone)
We were taught do not to believe in ourselves and our capabilities
We are affraid not to experience motherhood (the sole reason, we are told, we were put on earth)
We love a lot, but not ourselves
We are missusing our power of seduction
We were taught to hate other women (or at least view them as competitors)
We are taught that somehow it is always our fault
We accept what we are taught and embrace and live with our fears
We are ashamed of speaking our mind for the fear of being called feminists
You name it... the list is endless, but the bottom line is that we were taught and we are affraid!


Dull Men's Club

Don't take me wrong, I don't hate men (I love them, too much, in fact), and I don't mean men are less... I just mean we are special.