lunedì, luglio 10, 2006

Hope

Despite our cynicism, and contrary to our oft stated negative perception of the world, good people far outnumber bad people. By a huge margin, actually. For the sake of argument I'll assume we all know what I mean by good and bad here. Sure, there are bad people, and they can destroy things and do so in a loud manner. But the fact remains that most people are content to just keep to themselves and do no harm unless provoked. It's why society works. It's not because of laws or punishment or any of that. It's because most people don't want to be assholes unless they have to be. It's because being an asshole doesn't usually result in anything positive. And being a nice person usually does.

It almost gives me some hope for humanity, it really does.

(Thought of the week of a genious friend)

1 Comments:

Blogger Martinho Neves said...

Yep.. it's me... :)
Genious. nahhh.. I am just a man

ok ok, not again :)

1:50 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Home