lunedì, aprile 11, 2005

Liar

My father sais I never lie.

That's a bold statement, since everybody lies now and then.

And I frequently lie... at least to myself.

What it is true is that I seldom tell a lie... and I always tell the truth. but there are always ways to lie, even when you do tell the truth.

My father sais I rather face the linching mob than to tell a lie.

I do, I live up to the consequences of my actions... but I always calculate the fall. and it is never stronger than I can handle.

My father thinks too high of me.

I have not the courage to get out, when the whole of me screams that it cannot take it anymore.

I have not the courage to admit that I might actually be liking someone else. and that, only that gives me the strength to fight for my self-esteem.

I have not the courage to say get out... you're not welcome anymore. because there is no way I want to be the bad gal of this movie.

My father... he doesn't know half the daughter he has...

Ain't that great?!


Noire -Hugo Pratt